Monday, January 30, 2012

Time is Flying!!!

HEY!!!!

Well this week literally flew by. Wow it is just so crazy how time is flying by. Well the big pondering this week. Let's start off with reading. So right now i'm in the Book of Mormon reading and this week I've been reading Alma 1 and today i just finished Alma 16. I´ve been studying a ton of things but Book of Mormon so far this week has been really great. I think that is one of the big things that I'm working on for this week is learning better to receive revelation through reading the Book of Mormon. I also am going through the process of becoming more refined and moldable for the Lord. Growing up I've always been the type of person that after i start doing something, i like someone telling me that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing and say what i need to work on. That ranged from Mark Weber in basketball, to math problems, to talking to mom and dad just about life. Really, in this last change I've been coming to know my Father in Heaven a lot more, through prayer and studying the scriptures. Like the advice that Brig gave me before i came out, about getting better at looking up and in for the answers to problems instead of in and around. I find that to be a big part of just learning how to trust in God and not as much in man; and when we get to that point that is when Alma 26:12 can really apply to us which is amazing.

I was also able to learn just how important being kind is. Growing up mom has always said to me "no matter what another person says or does, never be rude." honestly that has been advice that has gone through my head and penetrated my heart so much. just having that charity that pure love of Christ within us. I was on divisions with an Elder this last week and we go to a cita where a guy just starts tearing into us like crazy for a solid 5 mins. I started getting a tad bit frustrated and wanted to do a bit of what is known as "Bible Bash", but that great advice popped into my mind. I turned to the man with just a big smile saying "hermano, unfortunately we have to go. one day we would love to come and share with you, but we cant do it like this. the spirit of contention is not the spirit of God. we are very grateful that you are willing to hear our message and if there is anything that we can do for you just let us know." the situation completely changed it was incredible. really a smile is so contagious (sc). 


I also learned how to be more humble this week. Just how i need to focus more on what the Lord wants to do rather than what i want to do during lessons. Its a struggle but i know that He is there with me to help me and refine me. I was also going through my patriarchical (hahha ya no idea how to spell that ) blessing.We have them for a reason; sometimes we look for where is something that God is talking directly to me about my life. There it is. It is such an amazing guide. I love it and cherish it with all of my heart. 

I want you all to know that I know that this church is true. It is. Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. He came here to this earth to suffer for our sins our transgressions. All that he asks is for us to come to him. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have not a splinter of doubt. No matter how the world may attack it they will never break or take the testimony that i have of its truthfulness in me. Joseph Smith saw God, and Jesus Christ. Through the power and authority of God we have his only true and restored church on the earth. I love this gospel. I love the words of modern day prophets. I love how the gospel is there to constantly help us to get better, to continually improve if we have that desire. The greatest part though is that it helps us be happy. The world may crash. Great states and economies may fall, man may attack the true church of Christ and its doctrine with all of its power, but it will not even make a scratch because the power of God will always triumph. I put my name out to the world that Parker Maurice Wilson knows with all of his heart that this is the Lords work and glory, to bring to pass the eternal life of man. I am the Lords servant. I am a child of God. I love you all so very much and pray for your well being continually.

love you all

Elder Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment