Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lost in the WWW

So this letteer missed us last week and we got a double dose today


Hey family!!!!!!!!!

So this week was a good week. We found 16 new people to teach and 4 families!!!!!!! It was awesome! It was literally a week full of hard work and miracles. We were walking down the street on our way to an appointment when we said hi to two men sitting down in the garage that was a good 15ft away. for some reason my companion and i stopped walking. one of the guys didnt want to talk to us, but the other got up and walked toward us. He told us "Ive been looking for you two all day. I want you to come to my house and talk to me and my son." well of course we said yes and set up an appointment for later on that day and went to visit them.There was also a classic Paraguay moment as well. We went into a lesson and it was bright sunny and hot. About 30 min later when we left it started pouring like crazy. Winds picked up a ton and we got absolutely soaked. We did have a solid 1hr or so walking in the rain which was good though. Nice and refreshing because it was up in the 100 and 110 during the week and that just cleared it all on out. Another crazy fun experience  we had was while we  teaching a lesson: We were teaching when a boy walked by and asked the fam we were with for milk and a piece of bread. They gave it to him hoping that he would leave because from his countenance he seemed like one of the street kids who gets a bit of money then goes and finds drugs. He was only speaking Guarani, and pure Guarani. which means that he comes from the country. His job was shinning shoes. He started shinning the shoes of a man while sitting there and watching me and my companion. After we finished the lesson and were talking to the fam we heard a "Sir, can i shine your shoes?". Both me and my comp whip our heads around and look at the kid. It ends up that he speaks pure Guarani, and english. Really good english. He studied a little bit and the rest he gets from movies, internet, and video games. His english is better than his spanish. it was incredible. we are going to meet up with him on weds to have him come to our english class.

Well it seems like every week is turning into a pondering week no? well this one was one of those when you have the super highs and then you get the norm and you want to find how to get back the super highs. Honestly now im converting into a praying and scripture maniac. which is really good. The tough times make us grow which is awesome. I personally see it as a way for me to get close to my Father in Heaven which i have to do.

I love you all so much and im so grateful for all that you do!!!!! yall are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment