Monday, September 26, 2011

Best Sunday Ever

Hey all!!!!

So as you can see by the title of this email this last Sunday was the best Sunday ever. here is the story.

woke up got ready for church - had a baptism of Gustavo the day before and getting ready for the confirmation (paperwork and stuff). get to church only to realize that the bishop is not able to come that day (last minute thing) and that someone attacked  the house of Gustavo so he was at the police station all day and wasn't able to come to church. Yep, i know not really sounding like the best Sunday ever but the ending is when it all comes in.



 due to the people who were assigned talks being sick i was asked to give a talk. while sitting there i just felt like finding something happy and positive to talk about. so i chose to talk about talents. after talking about talents reading the scriptures in Matthew about it and sharing how i have lost my skill of playing piano (yes mom you were right i do regret it) i decided to give my testimony about our savior and redeemer Jesus Christ. wow, i have never cried so much in a talk. the spirit just hit me like wham. these last 3 months have been tough. not a ton of success, me trying to be 100% obedient and my companion getting angry at me for doing so, all in all just hard. you know life. I've prayed these last 3 months more,  and harder than ever before. I've asked for help, for strength, to know that i was honoring God's name. during that testimony it just hit me. that Christ and my Heavenly Father KNOW what is going on, that they are there beside me, that i am doing what I'm supposed to do and that i should be happy with my work and to keep on pushing forward and getting better. honestly i am so happy. with all of the things going wrong I'm happy. i have a quote on the wall in front of my desk that dad sent me that says ¨circumstances don't determine a happiness¨. SO TRUE. I am coming to know myself and more importantly my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ more than ever. i can't even explain how much i have learned,  how much i have grown. 

another part that made this a great Sunday was that we had the opportunity to give multiple blessings at church. i had the great opportunity to participate in every one. (giving the blessing or anointing) the spirit just....... wow i cant explain it, honestly. the son of a sister in our ward is dying of brain cancer and she asked me to give her a blessing of consuelo (forgot the word in english sorry) oh comfort :) and the words that i said were not my words. i remember one or two things that i said. i wasn't talking, it was the spirit. that feeling i will never forget. i had also the blessing to do the anointing for her son. we asked him who he would like to give him the anointing, and out of the 5 he said ¨Elder Wilson¨ this brother lives in the other area, i've seen him 5 times at church, conversed with him twice. i was honestly surprised. i was like me? why me? you know my name? (i was behind him so he couldn't read my tag) it just shows how important it is to be worthy and ready. i am so grateful that i was worthy and through the help of other i was 100% ready.

these last 3 months i have learned to depend on God and not in myself. to look for his guidance and help. to seek him out in all type of situations and follow the guidance that he has. Jesus Christ IS my Lord, Savior, Redeemer, and best friend. through Him and only Him i can return to live with my Heavenly Father again. through Him i can be whole. through Him i can face any challenge and overcome it. 





(no new pictures so I thought I'd throw in a Parker classic)


No comments:

Post a Comment