Monday, September 12, 2011

Same Place New Path

Hey fam!!!!

Still here in beautiful San Antonio with Elder Arriola. This is gonna be a great transfer we have a bunch of people ready to be baptized and if its the Lords will its gonna happen. Recently i have been reading in Luke and today i was reading  what the Lord expects from us during this life. Yes, he does expect our service. Though he expects us to serve him, we are the deciders of how much we are going to. To see if we are gonna go the extra mile, put in the extra effort, talk to another person, instead of grabbing a quick snack because you're hungry;  clap one more house. I think that has been one big  learning so far -  is to prioritize. To think of Good, Better, and Best. Before if it was ok, a lot of the time i would accept it. I took that attitude when it came to grades in school. If i got what i needed i would accept it instead of giving my all. That is something that is so important while being in the service of the Lord. To give our all to do all that is possible to serve him. Put in the extra mile and take that extra step.

Another big thing that i have learned has been the importance of patience. WOW is patience so important. Being in the Now generation i find that patience is not as common as it should be. I find myself being  more patient than i used to be. There are times that we literally have no success. People don't want to listen;  or the only people who talk to us are  drunks yelling at us on the streets, and i think to myself; ¨why? why am i walking around in the sun talking to people who don't want to listen?¨ i then start to think about it and i remember advice that Lindsey gave me before my mission. she talked about how one day, that was a normal day, nothing exciting it was hot and they did a lot of walking. when it came to the end of the day though she had a smile on her face and she was happy. she wondered why am i so happy? then the thought came to her it was because she was giving her all in the most important work here on the earth and God was happy with her. I have come to feel that God is happy with me and my work when i give my all, but my focus this last week and for the next 18 months is to give my all, all the time of every second of everyday. to put my physical needs aside and do what God wants me to do.

Wow the mission is amazing. I truly love it so much. When you talk to people about the gospel time literally flies. I KNOW with all of my heart, soul, and being that this is Gods work. That i am on his mission and that over my heart I'm not only representing my family and the elder wilsons who have served before me but most importantly i'm representing Christ name, i'm representing his church and his work. We are all representatives of Christ. We don't need the name tag to do missionary work. Take all advantages to share the gospel. I had the chance to share the gospel this week with someone and because of my fear i didn't and due to circumstances i can't try at it again. This gospel is SO important and the words of Elder Holland are so true ¨[the world] needs what we have¨. It is our calling to share it.

I love you all and pray for you everyday. Pray for the people who hurt who need Christ in their lives and pray for us that we can find them. Pray for those who need the courage to follow the Lord's words and have the faith to do it. Pray for love. There is less love in the world today and the world needs it.

love you all,

Elder Parker Wilson

Pics:

1. My District right before the changes
                   Elder Mairena (Honduras) Elder Bullock (Utah) Elder Clement (Utah) Elder Rios (Argentina) Elder Dexter (Idaho)
                   Elder Clark (sad no relation to Matt Vegas) Me, Elder Arriola (El Salvador)
2. In the house of Abuela eating our last pizza together before Elder Mairena goes to centro

3. You can take the man away from his hats but you can never take the hats from the man


No comments:

Post a Comment