Monday, September 19, 2011

Life is full of progress

Hey everyone!!!!

so things are going great here in San Antonio 1.2. Guess what? we have a wedding and baptism this saturday!!! It is Gustavo and Raquel. Raquel has been a member for the last 8 years but was inactive for a time. They are so amazing. The Lord has truly blessed us and more and more people are progressing to enter the waters of baptism. Plus its gonna be a double baptism because the missionaries in San Antonio 1.1 have a baptism as well!!!

This last week, better said for my entire mission, I've been following dads advice to be more and more like mom. A great cook, trying. Great gardener, service opportunities show that i need to better that up a bit, but the big one is becoming a ponderer. I find myself just sitting and pondering a lot more. For a long time i have been a thinking person. Coming home from soccer or basketball mom or dad would always ask ¨so what cha thinkin about?¨ my normal response sadly was nothing but i normally was thinking about something. But pondering is so much bigger than just letting your mind flow. You sit and ponder on a question or situation, and then you control it and progress with your thoughts to find a solution or discover a new thing. This last Sunday I gave a talk in church about how the Lord Chastens us. (thank you Brother Bott for helping me learn how to give a 20 min talk with 2 min of prep) I find that i have improved myself in many many areas but still i have alot more to do. Trying to be more Christlike in the details is one of the big ones. My favorite chapter of PMG is Chapter 6 that talks of Christlike attributes. I find myself pondering on the small things that i need to improve. The extra step. I feel that i have written emails very similar to this before but its a life long process and it cant be prepared in a short amount of time.

To be honest this last week i was a bit down on myself. Just trying to find ways to be more focused to be more intune with the spirit. That is something that i have bettered alot, but have alot more bettering to do in listening and following the spirit. Last night we were talking to one of our investigators and i had the feeling and the thought popped into my mind of ¨go to familia Britez they are home¨. so as soon as we were done there that's what we did and they were home!!!!! The spirit really is amazing and how God communicates with us. Why do missions have to be so short? You learn, grow, and come to know so much on the mission. Its so amazing! I love it!!!! Ya there are the tough times that is part of it all. From the hard experiences we learn, and from the good we build ourselves.

So grateful for you all and all that you do

love you all dearly and you are always in my prayers

love

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment