Monday, October 3, 2011

I´m so Happy and I love Conference!!!




Wow this week has been so amazing!!! Just flat out loved it!
The week was full of what my dear friend from the Fiddle on the Roof would say ¨Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles¨ 

God truly places so many wonders and miracles in our lives.
In our area we have found a bunch of nice miracles. People being home, people who before wouldn’t even want to talk, letting us sit down and share with them. People preparing themselves for baptism, all just awesome! One great miracle was with our friend Anibal Pera who is 22 and amazing. He is working as a meat boy at one of the supermarkets and is studying during the other time. He has a baptismal date for the 22nd. We invited him to come to conference to listen to modern day prophets. Due to some things that we had to attend to at the stake center between sessions we were not able to go and find him to bring him to conference. (We sang a special hymn for a baptism and had to help out). We gave him a call and he said ya I’ll be there in 20 min. Not only did he take the bus to get to the stake center but HE CAME ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!!! Wow what an amazing wonder and miracle. God truly helps us so much when we put in our part.

Since I’ve already gone onto a conference topic can I just say........ WOW!!!! These were the fastest but most amazing two days of my mission. To sit and listen to the prophets and apostles of the Lord talk to us today. A big thing that we as the missionary core here in Ñemby (our zone), Paraguay and myself have a huge emphasis on is The Book of Mormon, Youth, and morality. As Pres. Monson said in his two talks the world before used to be right beside the church when it came to moral standards, and now they are way far to the side. The best talk I heard for the youth was Elder Packer and one of the most powerful speakers I have ever heard in my life was Elder Holland. All of Elder Holland’s talk was just like WOW what an amazing man and spirit about him. He makes you want to act and work. Packer’s poem about the old crow and young crow was very legit, I enjoyed it very much. Elder Callister from the 70 on his talk with the Book of Mormon was just inspiring and was a perfect guide for us missionaries. Sister Barbra Thomson, I loved her talk, most likely one of my favorites. She was, I think 3rd in the first session and it was all about personal revelation. Just amazing that all of the people who spoke are called of God, I know this with out a doubt!

The thing that I love from conference is that it makes you want to improve. I liked the analogy of the counselor of the Sunday School presidency. When they were climbing up the mountain before they looked up to see how much more they had left to go; they looked behind them and saw how far they have come. That can be applied to life, a school assignment, and personally for me, my mission. I have come SO far. I do have a bunch to go but I know that I’m progressing and with the words of the prophets that we were all able to hear this last weekend, how can we not move on and improve. A statement made by the area authority for our mission said this about a zone conference, ¨What is the point of coming to zone conference if we don’t make the change after?¨ This can be easily applied to conference. What is the point of going to conference if we don’t apply it all and make the change after?

I am so grateful for conference and for the great love my Heavenly Father has for me. I am on my mission for a reason, I am in Paraguay for a reason, I am in San Antonio 1.2 for a reason, and I am with Elder Arriola for a reason. As soon as we discover the reasons that we are in a situation, that is when the Lord will guide us and shape us into what he wants us to become.

I am so grateful for you all and all that you do.

My love and prayers go out to you!

Love

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment