Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ROBERTO FERNANDEZ!!!!!!

Sorry faithful followers to be posting a day late
Monday just got away from me

Hello family of mine!!!!

What a great week!!! first Roberto Fernandez had his baptism this last saturday. He is a car mechanic,married with 3 kids, loves to play piqui volly in his spare time (video of this sport will come soon) and is full of faith!!! we met roberto my first or second week here in San Antonio. He has progressed so far and is amazing!!!! Someone who I’m going to remember for the rest of my life. He is super humble, and full of hope and faith. A great example for me.

This week we also just worked our tails off. Man it feels so good to work. You hear stories of missionaries who stay at home or don’t really go out and work and my goodness how boring! Sharing the gospel is so amazing!!! This last week we also had divisions. I was with Elder Clement from St. George. Honestly one of the best elders that i have seen. He is amazing and a great example. Learned alot from him this last week.

On tuesday i got a letter from mom that was a talk by Elder Dallin H Oaks that was ¨the challenge to become¨. I read it for my personal study and it is a wonderful talk. Makes you do a lot of looking in and reflecting. Helps you feel that you wanna change for the better. I can honestly say that i am a different person today than i was 8 months ago. Not in a bad way at all, but in the best way in the world. My testimony has grown like crazy and my love for this gospel. IT IS SO TRUE!!!

My testimony has grown so much when it comes to receiving answers from prayers. This last week i was looking for help and guidance from my Heavenly Father to help me become more and more motivated to push through during hard times. After fasting for 24 hours and constantly praying when i was at the most bottom point i received an answer. This answer helped me push everything else to the side and just go out and work with a huge smile and being happy. Being happy is fun.

Transfers are this week and it is very likely that i will be going somewhere else. Who knows where i will be heading. My two hopes are Ciudad del Este (whole different world) or just the straight up campo´ite (middle of no where) but ¨i´ll go where you want me to go dear Lord.¨ oh since that is a song that reminded me of something. this sunday me and Elder Rios (Argentina) did a special music number duet! we did “Nearer My God To Thee” but in spanish of course. did some little tweeks to make it more interesting. Just dynamics, tempo, and verse orders, sadly no cool key changes. It was really awesome. Spirit was strong and people cried so its all good, hahaha. The best thing of personal growth for me was when Elder Rios told me ¨hey, I’m a little bit nervous.¨ being honest and not prideful at all i said ¨really? I’m not.¨ you guys know how costly it was for me to sing at first infront of family. when i first sang a solo for people i let the judge, Mrs. Trump, and Puliot (high school choir guy) come in to listen. i wouldnt even sing at home and know im just like ya lets do it. thank you to Mr. Kruse, Mrs. Trump, Mr. Yarbarough, Sis. Hatch, Tyler Peniata, Jeff (from byu forgot last name in sweden for his mission though), and especially mom and dad for making me sing infront of people. what a huge blessing that has become!

The church is true. I know it with every fiber of my being (sc). Jesus is the Christ. Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son in the sacred grove. Obedience is the key to happiness. If we turn our lives over to our Father in Heaven he will help us in all moments of this i know.

my love and prayers go out to all of you

love,

Elder Wilson

Photos:
1. Baptism of Roberto Fernandez
2. I KNOW DONT CHA JUST WANNA EAT IT!!!!! sadly we had beef ribs and sausages instead but still yummy!!!!


Elder Parker's birthday is October 29th and he would love to hear from any and all of you

No comments:

Post a Comment