Monday, May 30, 2011

The spirit is constantly just going boom



Hey all!!!!  Hope all is well.

Well this last week was a busy one and fun one. All week we were focusing on the four baptisms that we were having. They were for Sofia, Emanuel, and Jose Maria Jimenez who are the children of a member who has become active again. Along with Marta Ibarrola who is a daughter of a member. We did a baptism GUAZU!! Which is Guarani for big!!!! It was really awesome. I had the awesome opportunity and blessing to baptize both Sofia and Jose Maria. It was really funny. Jose Maria is a small kid and the waster was basically up to his mouth in the fount so he kinda had to swim back to the stairs after his baptism. Funny kid. The big thing here is cake cake cake. So they got to have not one but TWO cakes. Sadly I only got one piece but its ok get to keep my slender new figure hahaha. I never realized how much goes into a baptism. It is a lot. We were running around all day getting everything ready but it was all worth it and all awesome. They were all so happy and you can see the difference in their lives.

Funny story. So when we walk normally the same road to get to different parts of our area. Here in Paraguay whistling is the thing. I am quite sad that my whistling skills are kinda week and I can’t do any awesome ones like Ann Henstrom who is the queen of whistling. Normally they whistle to tell the bus driver to stop because someone is trying to get on or off the bus, to get the attention of a friend, but most of the time it is the little "oh hello there good lookin" whistle which is heard most of the time. Kinda glad that we don’t get that many of them because that would be really distracting but we do consistently get one everyday or so from the same house. At the starting I was like "who keeps on whistling to us everyday as we pass by?" One day I asked my companion who it was and he told me to look as we walked by. The next day when we left the house I gave a little peek and let me just say that I am very proud of myself because I have a nice little bird who whistles to us everyday as we walk by. Good little boost when having a down day.

A great thing that happened this last week is that we started teaching Renato. He is 20 a full time student who is working on the side for his education. We just talked to him on the streets and he told us to pass by his house. He lives in our city during the weekdays to travel to work and on the weekends he goes to his home on the other side of the city. It was sooooo awesome!!!!! I have never seen anyone more prepared to hear the gospel. We called him to do a visit and he didn’t answer so normally we wait for them to do a missed call which here means call me. Around 8 pm that night we got a call from a random number and it was he! He said, "Hey missionaries are you busy?" When an investigator says that to the missionaries we always say no and we were actually trying to find another persons house. So we told him no and he said "well then come on over and teach me ill be waiting outside my house" AWWWWWWwwwwwwwww YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!! So we busted on over there and gave the lesson on the Restoration. He loved it!! He actually said, "I feel something different with you guys, I want to learn more. I think next weekend im gonna stay here and go to your church" How the Lord has blessed us with awesome people wanting to learn the truth!!!!!

Man this gospel is so awesome. The spirit is constantly just going boom "Elder Wilson I’m here now use me". Honestly without the spirit I would just be living and walking around Paraguay for two years, but with the spirit I am preaching the restored gospel of Jesus Christ here on the earth. I am so lucky and so blessed not to only be on a mission but to also be here in Paraguay. This is where I’m supposed to be and this is what I’m supposed to be doing. If I was doing anything else I would feel really weird and out of place. The gospel is true. Christ is our Lord, Savior, and Redeemer, he loves us and he is only asking us to come unto him. When we do our lives will be blessed like never before.

My best wishes, prayers, and love goes to you all

Elder Wilson

P.S. Letters take about a month or so to get back to the states also I have a limited money and its around 10.000 guaranis to send a letter so it may take time but they are being sent!!!!


Service project trimming Trees


ThinkingThin



No comments:

Post a Comment