Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mom's day coming up

HEY,

so i didnt get to write yall on monday because it was a transfer week and on transfer weeks our pdays are moved to thursdays so that is why i am writing you now and there are no exclamation points on this computer so kinda stinks cant exclaim my enjoyment of certain things.

well the last transfer flew by. im still here in San Isidro which is in Lambare just south of the city. still with my dear ol trainer elder piriz and things are going swimmingly.

 
for our baptism though was have 5 planned for this month yay (exclamation points) we have victor single guy who is amazingly funny and great. loves the oldies of the US he always sings to me. hahaha. then sofia and emanuel kids of a inactive who we have activated? i think thats how you would say it and they are sooooo funny. and we are pushing dates for maria who is this kind women whose family has 5 generations living right now wow. and she is just wonderful. so funny and she has her mom living with her who is pushing 90 who is the funniest grandma in the world (other than my grandmas of course).

this month i have my first zone conference which should be alot of fun i have no idea what is going to happen. i know that that is when i could possible get my package.all of the big ones we have to pick up and the small ones they ship. i dont know the sizes right now but i can figure that out later.

our district is one fun one. we play ping pong every other pday or so and lets just say that elder wilson has not lost yet. soooo thank you very much. hahaha but i need to lose so i can be humbled of course. but we have a comp of sisters who have miracles happen everyday and just shows how awesome sister missionaries are cuz they always out do the elders. like how mom is always right. then we have the zone leaders who are wonderful and great missionaries who i strive to become and look up to. then another pair who are elder vaca and elder henriquez. elder henriquez is tall and skinny from chile and loves to draw and does so very well. elder vaca is soooooooo funny i think he is the latino version of me but way funnier he sadly left today for home though cuz we got two new people. havn't met them yet.
i have come to realize how me being always happy is such a HUGE gift from the spirit it is insane how awesome it is and how i've come to notice not everyone is like that


the language here is really fun. im perfecting my spanish and getting rid of some bad habits that i have gotten over the years but speaking english is kinda weird now but i like it every now and then. but im learning guarani!!!!!! i found the exclamation point yes!!!!!! i can ask who do you want to say the prayer and other short phrases, but everything else is sooo much harder. i need to learn how to pray and how to say my testimony in guarani. i have also learned two different languages from elder piriz they are called heringoso. (Wikipedia defines aas a Spanish kind of pig Latin, in which each syllable is followed by the letter 'p', followed by the same vowel as contained by that syllable )(mara dargay if you read this i know how you talk now hahahaha) its with a kind of code and me and my companion speak it when we dont want other people to know what we are saying. there are some sketch moments out here that we need to do that but its normally all good.

so for all of you that know me you know that me and reading are not the best of friends. we have been fighting each other for some time now. i would only give in to harry potter, the enders game, and the amazing vince flynns novels. but i have found myself reading more and more everyday. not only from reading the scriptures which is one of my favorite parts of the day but also reading the liahona. we dont have much reading material so i often find myself in the time between getting ready and studying or before i go to bed reading a liahona or the wonderful letters that have been sent me. but reading the words of the prophets of old and modern day prophets are truely wonderful and i love them so much. there is a knowledge and a spirit that you get from them that you cant get anywhere else. i truely have a growing testimony that the Book of Mormon IS the word of God and is for us to help us through these tough times.

oh and not only a happy anniversary to my parents rockin the 30 but also happy 5 de mayo for all of my mexican friends and happy bicentario for paraguay!!!!! it is in the next few weeks. also welcome Tyler Wilson Jaynes to the fam. good lookin kid. love the name. very studly. also i love the letters i get from dearelder i am truely blessed with so many people who care for me. i am greatful for you all.

oh and most important of all happy mothers day. my mother (sorry to others) is the best of all. not only is she one of my best friends but she has made me the person i am today. without her my life would be different and i would be different. she brings such a beautiful and sweet spirit. i think i am a minni male version of her. if you see us interact you would really catch on. but i love her so much and she is such a blessing in my life. she always has the spirit with her and always follows the lords guidance. if you all know the Taylor swift song when she talks about her dad really that is my song about my mom and how wonderful she is. i love her dearly and she is one of the best blessings in my life.

i know that this gospel is true and we are here on earth to go through trials. but not only through these trials do we grow but also through Christ we can overcome these trials. i not only see it in my life but the lives of the people here everyday. it is so wonderful to see the light of Christ touch others lives and that is my purpose to bring the light of Christ unto others and declare his words. i love my savior and redeemer and am so greatful for him. he lifts me everyday and i learn more of him everyday. he lives and i know this is his church.



my love and best wishes go to you all

love

elder parker wilson 



ps all is well. us here it can go from crazy hot to crazy rainy in like 2 seconds. when it rains it pours. we had to go do baptismal interview cuz elder piriz is district leader and it was pouring the whole way so everything was soaked and it was windy so it was kinda cold. i have a feeling im going to turn into brig after my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment