Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mba´Etekopio/Mba´Eichapa!!! (Hello male/female in Guarani)




First PDay here in beautiful Paraguay. It truly is beautiful. The
people are wonderful and so far it is wonderful.

First news is the address update.

The best thing to do is Dear Elder because it gets to me in a week.
Everything else can go to one of these two addresses first one is
mostly for letter and the other is the mission home

Elder Wilson
Casilla De Correo 818
Asuncion Paraguay 1209

or

Elder Wilson
2881 Del Maestro c/ Caballero
Barrio Herrera
Paraguay, Asuncion

So my dad sent me an email asking for basically the 411 of the mission
here. I will follow his questions for my email.

Companion:
My companion is Elder Piriz he is from Uruguay and has been out for
around 16 months or so. Great guy and a great trainer I am already
learning so much from him. A great thing that he is teaching me is
Guarani (native language of Paraguay) which is completely different
from any other language. It is sooooo cool I磎 already up to like 5 or
6 words that i can say in conversation bomb huh? He has also played a
little prank or two on me with some members so you know that I磎
having a good time.

Area:
I am in a place called San Isildor. It is just south of Asuncion about
30min. It is a great area got an ok amount of members and alot of
less actives so we got a lot of work to do! It is a relatively poor
area. There are some places that are `` chuchi创 which is like hoity
toity but most of the places we are and the members houses are pretty
poor but they are wonderful and bright people.

President Callan:
I cannot explain the joy that i felt when i got off the plane and saw
President and Sister Callan. It came out of nowhere but they are
truely awesome and I only spent less than a day with them.

Weather:
Oh this is a fun topic. It is called Haku in Guarani which means its
hot, and it truly is hot hot hot. I磎 always sweating and the people
notice it. My companion said that I will get used to it in a month or
so. Its around 85 or so but the humidity kills. Its not even at its
hottest!!!!! but i'm glad we are going into winter! that will make my
life so much easier.

Geography:
Where i am there is a lot of vegetation and old building. most of the
streets are either dirt or cobble stones. Lots of stray dogs and
random music everywhere. Its not really flat its kinda like minnesota
where there are no mountains but there are alot of hills which make
walking wonderful hahaha Lets just say im gonna be a walkin machine
when i get home pure domination awwwwww yeaaaaa

Language:
My trainer and the people are really impressed with my spanish and i
can understand them perfectly but im still trying to learn new words
and phrases to say in spanish. Guarani is insane but awesome i cant
wait to learn more of it. I already have a good handful of words in my
word book yay!

PDay:
Woke up studied got dressed went shopping got back walked to ta
members house ate lunch walked again and then email then cleaning and
then teaching from 6 till 9.

Random:
So as many of you know i am a king of ping pong. I guess the Lord does
really bless us in different ways because do you know what we got in
our church? ya, a ping pong table!!!!! My joy was off the charts when
i saw it and got to play. Oh and my room is A/C and that makes
sleeping soooo wonderful i love it.

So i have to be honest there have been some moments of me going why am
i here in this random country doing what im doing. I am constantly
reminded by moments where i can feel the spirit, prayer, reading the
scriptures, and the advice people gave me before my mission to push
through. I am so grateful for all of you and the blessing you guys are
to my life.

With much Love,

Elder Parker Wilson

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these posts. Very adventurous and interesting. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete