Monday, January 7, 2013

Some Work to be Done

Hey family hows it goin?

We had a great week this week. been receiving a lot of revelation and have been working a ton. We were able to go on multiple divisions this week which was great. we went on one with some wonderful missionaries Elder Gonzalez from Peru and Elder Rodeback from MN. We were all edified and learned what we need to work on. Elder Rodeback said something to us that really stuck well to me and my companion; "We are not here to give information, we are here to give salvation." It was a great comment on exactly what we need to work on to see more progress in our area. now when we talk to people it goes a bit like this: we say hello do the little small talk and then we say that "we are representatives from Christ´s only true church here on earth and we as His representatives have been called to help you come unto Him through repentance and baptism. would you like to follow Christ by repenting and being baptized in His only true Church." it is very interesting how it goes to be 100% honest we get rejected a good amount of times but then we find people who have been so prepared by our father in heaven to receive His gospel. we also started doing a 40 day fast to help us be more consecrated missionaries and completely separating ourselves from the world so that the spirit can be with us more powerfully, frequently, and that we may recognize it more. it is work but it is going great. I did it for the first time being really bold and i got a bit uncomfortable then i did it again and the spirit just filled me and i had a clean conscious it was incredible. oh the stories that can be told.

today we also had leadership council where we set the mission goals for this year and we talked about how we can obtain a better not only focus on the mission but a focus on helping our brothers and sisters come unto Christ through the waters of baptism. at the starting there was a part that was especially for me. We read in the book of Nehemiah  6 and how he built his wall to defend Jerusalem. in verse three he said that he couldn't attend to his enemies because he had a great and mighty work. i personally am apart of a great and mighty work right now. i only have 2 months left. i know that, but my calling is clear and my focus needs to be sure. i love you all, miss you all, and cant wait to see you in a couple of months but right now i have a great work that is being brought about. i need to be like the apostles of Christ in Mark 10 when He asked them to leave everything and that later on they would be rewarded 100 times more. if I'm to be ... i believe that God will prepare the way. He will take care of me those first few months. that is if i do what I'm supposed to do right now. may we all be focused in this great work and i know by you all helping me out i´ll be able to reach my up most potential and see so many miracles. I love my Father and His son and they have some work to be done and now is the time for the doing. This is my only chance so I'm gonna finish strong.

This is Christ true church on earth. The atonement is real. Missionary work is the true way to happiness. I have never been happier, healthier, or a better person as ever in my life before. I love you all. The Book of Mormon is true. Let us glorify and fulfill our part with God first and He will fulfill with us.

Love you all!

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment