Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference

Hey fam I'd like to start off with a question:

Who am I?

Personally i would like to quote a talk by Ann Dibb which i very much loved. I am Elder Parker Maurice Wilson. I am a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it! I am also a representative of Jesus Christ. I have been called by Him to serve my wonderful brothers and sisters down to the south of Paraguay. I am from a wonderful family. Full of love laughter and joy. Now I have a sister who will also be able to serve the Lord at age 19 which has been revelation received from the most high from a living Prophet of God. I am a man who believes and knows that the true Church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth once more. I am a representative of that true church which holds the holy priesthood. This priesthood power that i am blessed to hold has more power than any king, president or ruler because it is the power of God that He has entrusted to man once more. 

I am a man who loves to learn and to grow. I am someone who before this last weekend had multiple questions. Through listening to the living prophets and apostles of God i have received multiple answers. I am a man of faith. A faith that before i came on the mission was borrowed. before i came on the mission i was bright because i borrowed pieces of lights around me. Now i can rise and shine forth. I am a representative of Jesus Christ. I am a member of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. My calling is as it is stated in the scriptures to declare repentance and baptism to all so that they may find the real joy, the only eternal joy that can be found through the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am someone full of defects and errors. I work everyday to polish them off. I am someone who can testify to all as a representative of Jesus Christ testified to the King of Tonga to follow Christ because only through Him i have been able to fix my defects. I am a man who has fallen, but more importantly i am a man who has lifted himself up again. I am a man grateful for all of those who have lifted me up. From the guys (TP, Al, Matt, and J), to ward leaders from deacons quorum advisor Ethan Klimes of Minnesota through till Bishop Quinn, and Pres. Peterson of Naperville. I have been blessed with wonderful influences and friends. from the cold lakes of MN and bustling city of Chicago, to the strong pillar of support at BYU and the builders of my faith in the heat of Paraguay. Most of all i am a man who recognizes the start of it all. It all started with the Tim and LaRinda Wilson family. from 3 older brothers to show me how and to throw me around, to a little sister to push me farther up and to show me whats up. To wonderful grandparents who were my taxi (gpa wilson) and the only person who can beat me in quiddler without seeing completely her cards (gma wilson) to the best basketball analyst in the world (gma bond) to the calm and quiet example of how to raise a family (gpa bond). I am of a large extended family from the Wilson brigade to the Christensen towers, and to the wonderful warm Bonds who always have a home for me. 

Basically as you can see all of who I am has come from mainly four people or groups, my Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ, You All and a little bit of me. 

Again i ask Who am I? The best answer is, I am a son of the living God.

General conference was wonderful. My favorite talks were The first by Elder Cook, Sister Dibb, D. Todd Christofferson, Elder Holland, and all of the first presidency. This was honestly the best one that i have been apart of. i honestly would love to sit and chat with you all about all that i learned from conference and what i have learned on my mission but my fingers don't type fast enough and it will take days. 

one thing is sure though. as the Prophet said. We gotta see people for who they can be. basically we gotta see them all in white as the Lord sees them. This is the true church of God I KNOW IT: The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it is the only perfect book on the face of the earth. let us all listen to the prophets and be strictly obedient to the word. that is the only true happiness.

ELDER BEDNAR IS COMING HERE FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! well 2 days earlier but igual no mas!!!!

I love you all and I'm so grateful for all that you do.

love

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment