Monday, April 16, 2012

Wonderful Week



Hey fam!!!!

well short on time today sorry but i´ll give y'all a scoop on the week

SULMI GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a great service the spirit was there and it was so strong. It is incredible the change that she has had in her life. I personally believe there were two major things that helped her. One is that she literally just dived into the Book of Mormon and is walking proof that if someone wants to know the church is true the only way is through The Book of Mormon. Also because every visit was with members and she just got welcomed and is loved in the ward with that combo she was able to flower (funny way of saying it i don't know how else to) its like in alma 32 how when you plant that seed and that is good and nourish it, IT WILL GROW!

Also this week we had interviews with Pres. Callan. I know that he is a man called of God. I truly treasure those 7-15 minutes that i get to have with him every 3 months to talk 1 on 1. We talked mainly about two things becoming a consecrated missionary and pushing through adversity. Its so wonderful because those have been my main thoughts and focuses the last week or so. Just what  can i do to be better, and how to better deal when things don't go to plan or we find opposition? Its all an interesting thing. It helped me be more and more excited to be a part of this work. Honestly i find myself just sitting there thinking or as we are walking pondering and just being like, "wow, I'm a missionary of Jesus Christ and it is so amazing!" I sit there and think about the change that has come about me and have been talking about it in my letters with friends on the mission from college and how these are those two years where God sculpts you. Even though tough times will come and things will get hard as a missionary you just gotta remember: The gospel and the church are true! That God lives and He loves us! Jesus is the Christ! How great is our calling to sacrifice ourselves for His work and glory! I love it.

Sorry short mail this week but i love you all and pray for you daily. Know that i know that this is Gods true church on the earth. That Joseph Smith saw the Father and Jesus Christ and that he was a tool in their hands to restore the fullness of the gospel. I have no doubt in my heart of this. The Book of Mormon is true and with it we have the plenitude of the gospel. I love my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ and I love Our Father in Heaven who sent me here to grow. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve.

My love and prayers

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment