Monday, February 27, 2012

Same Place Different Faces

Hey family hows it all goin????

Things are going awesome here in beautiful Paraguay. We had changes this last week. I have a new companion his name is Elder Horton. yes. Elder Horton i changed from an \ to an -. i hope that makes some sense it is mainly the change from a N to an H. he is from Idaho and things are going swonderful. We are working hard and seeing miracles. Another change that happened is that an elder who i used to live with is now in my district,  Elder Rios from Argentina. Crazy craziness! Elder Horton came here from Ciudad del Este and in the campo; now  the main city. He is a great and awesome elder we get along really well and we are working hard. March is going to be an amazing month!!!!! for multiple reasons.

I loved the time i had with my fellow mid-west elder, Elder Norton. i truly learned so much from him and its been amazing.  One thing i have been learning throughout my mission has been the importance of being focused. As many of you know sometimes, me focusing, can be a bit tough. While out here on the mission you gotta be focused on the Lord's work. I do admit it is a process that does take time, but if you are obedient and put your heart into it you will be able to learn and grow and become more and more focused. 

The huge miracles that happened this week have been all in the district. Obrero 1.1 and 1.2 are getting a load of them. 1.1 had a baptism this last week and his name is Cesar. He is truly prepared and incredible. I had the great opportunity to interview him for his baptism and wow has the man changed and has gained an amazing testimony. I had visited with him 2 times before on divisions and such. from what i heard the baptism was incredible and he gave his testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. At that baptism 3 other investigators came  2 of whom are going to be baptized this Saturday. WHAT A MIRACLE THE LORD IS BLESSING US SO MUCH!!! Here Toribio is our huge miracle. He goes to church every sunday all by himself and is getting ready for his baptism on the 10th. your prayers please. Maria we are working with her a ton. Honestly, I've been praying so much to know what we can do to help her. she is just looking for that desire to be baptized. she is gonna get it though, si o si.

So this week something is coming that is only going to come once. On March 2nd i will complete one year being a servant of the Lord. My goodness, has the time flown by. The changes though and the experience i will always remember. I am so grateful for this last year that has passed. It truly has been the most productive year and growing year of my life. I have learned so much. The most important has been coming to know truly who is Jesus Christ. This morning i was reading a talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks on coming to know Christ and how it is the most important thing that we can come to know. I have come to learn so much and i have so much more to learn and I'm so excited to learn! The scriptures are so amazing. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. When i read it, it is literally for us and our time. I'm about to get into my favorite part which is 3 Nefi 11-26 the personal preaching of Jesus Christ here in the Americas, his own words!!! i'm gonna be there most likely weds or thus i can't wait!!! 

I love this work. I love it. Wow. I honestly don t know what else to say. I love my Father in Heaven and his only begotten son Jesus Christ. I am just learning so much its so hard to describe. I can see how God is molding me. Its so weird but that amazing awesome weird in how he molds you in ways that you can't even understand.

I'm so grateful for you all and pray for you daily.

love you uber caduber much!!!

Elder Wilson

Photos:

1. A very pretty classic street in my area
2. My new companion  ELDER HORTON

3. Me and Elder Padilla
4. The district






No comments:

Post a Comment