Monday, July 25, 2011

Green Bananas


Hey fam!!!!

So first of all i would just like to thank you all for your prayers. Like i mentioned before it has been a bit hard for us to get people to come to church. This last sunday we had 7!!!!!!!! It was awesome. Me and Elder Fernelius were all smiles for just the longest time, and best of all they all LOVED it and felt the spirit so strong!!!  The lords time is the best time.

SHOUT OUT!!!

There is a new Elder who has been called to serve the Lord and represent him. This new Elder is not only my best friend but who is also my brother. Talimetao (Tyler) Osa Peniata has received his call to the Pueblo Mexico Mission. Not only is he speaking the most beautiful language in the world but he is also going to one of my favorite countries. Elder Peniata will be amazing serving there. His love, compassion, friendliness, fun, devoted personality, and strong spirit and testimony will not only shape a wonderful missionary but also a even more wonderful man/brother/friend. May God bless you and lead you always T. You got the boys your fam and most importantly the Lord behind you always.

So this last week has been a fun one it got cold and rainy then humid and sunny so the normal for here. Im adapting more to the heat so that is nice. I´m starting to like more and more the tropic weather. weird huh? Copa America finished with Uruguay destroying Paraguay 3-0 sad but it was a much calmer night and we were able to work. During the game we ate our lunch because it is near impossible to work.

So ive been reading the last conference talks and two that i read this last week really came to my attention. One was by Elder Christopherson which is about how the Lord chastens us and cuts us down only to help us grow taller, and it had a great connection with the talk of C. Scott Grow (LOVE the name) about the atonement. For me really ive been able to see how both of these talks applied in my life. I become more and more grateful everyday that i moved to Chicago. Yes, im still MN by blood and soul and always will be, but for me that was the biggest moment when the Lord ¨cut¨ me down. During that time i was sad, grumpy, annoyed, frustrated, homesick, stubborn, and multiple other things. I was like that for a year. When i was at EFY before my senior year with all of the guys i remembered about who i really was personality wise and stuff and how heavenly father had a plan for me moving. There i decided to change. I got rid of those negative feelings and moved forward. I became a better person. I learned things about myself and what God has in plan for me from my experiences in Chicago. I connect so many situations here to things that occurred to me in Chicago. Its insane how much better God knows us than we do ourselves. What i love the most is how his son Jesus Christ invites us to be healed. To lay our negative and sad feelings on him to let him heal us. There is a scripture in 3 nefi i dont remember where that the Lord says ¨let me heal you¨. How many times do we take that invitation for granted? How many times do we look to ourselves for healing? Through Christ that weight is lifted from our shoulders. as they say in guarani Opa, done, finished. Does not exist. Through him all is possible and we can be clean.

My best wishes and Love go to you all

Elder Parker Wilson

P.S. Will give the details on the transfers next monday. .

Photos:
1. Have you ever eaten deep fried green bananas?
2. Tree of Life3. Cool sky/tree/pic
4. Common Chicken Coop
5. Just an awesome picture




No comments:

Post a Comment