Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

Hey all i have a quick thing of fun stuff about the mission then funny story and then conference hope all enjoy!

Food:
As you all know i am a big food fanatic. Here my favorite thing so far are Empanadas. SOOOOO good!! With members we normally eat noodles or rice with chicken or beef but most of the time chicken. At home we cook some burger patties and eat those or an apple or another small snack. me and my companion both cook let me just say that my over easy eggs are pretty rockin awesome.

Laundry:
Every friday we buy soap and drop off our laundry at a sisters house.

PDay:
Unfortunately we havnt really gone out and done anything exciting. We just clean buy groceries and study. We are allowed to take naps and since we got home and went to bed after priesthood session around 1230 we got to take a short one today but there are better things to do.

Language: Guarani is sick! my companion is really good at it but its a super hard language to learn and he isnt even fluent but im learning as fast as i can!

Teaching Pool:
We had 6 investigators come to conference!!!! we have a good mix of recent converts and inactives and we are picking up on new ones and its soooooo awesome!!! we do visit some member for a little bit but alot of the time its for a short message and some cold water.

Stories:
So i have never been one to believe in curses but i think that i may have one and it is the curse of the right leg/foot. Before the mission my injuries to my right leg and foot have consisted of: multiple sprained ankles, broken ankle, hematoma in my thigh, and bruised knee cap. Since here on the mission i have gotten three blisters, an ingrown toe nail and a new one that i fixed and is all good now thanks to a fancy trick taught to me at the mtc, calf cramp in the middle of the night, and twisting my ankle as we walk. my companion says that if i do anything to my left side it will be really bad because im able to push through on all of the stuff on my right side but its still weird.

Quick one i am so grateful that i am able to listen. My parent have taught me to listen not just hear the person. I am so grateful that i was that vent guy throughout high school and my bit in college. It has helped me so much on my mission so thank you to all of my friends you just sit there and vent to me.


Conference:
I was sooooo excited for conference. We had our interviews with president callan and he asked it i was excited and i told him this was the most excited i have ever been for conference. I was able to recieve so much great personal revelation about how to better myself as a missionary, as a man, and how to better myself for the future. What i did miss was not watching it with my family especially this being the first priesthood session without my dad with me but i knew he was with me in spirit. There were so many talks that were amazing but my favorite one was Elder Cooks on women in the church. Honestly without the women in the church things would be in constant chaos. i constantly sat and thought about my mom and the blessing she is in my life and how much i love her and how much women in the church have helped me out. Another thing i loved dearly was the MoTab. i now fully understand why my parent listen to them constantly they are so amazing. and ummmmmm Kurt Metzger anyone???? ya furthest group to the right third row or so down. if you read this kurt i spotted ya and was like YA i know someone in MoTab!!! we were able to bring 6 investigators to conference and they all loved it. and i truely love it as well the spirit that it brings and the feeling that we got to listen to a modern day prophet is amazing.

I know this church is true and the gospel is amazing. we must listen to the prophet and his teaching that is the best way for us to be close to the lord. everyone should depend on the lord constantly he is our best friend and always there.

with all of my love,

Elder Parker Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment