Monday, April 11, 2011

Almost A Month


Wow has time flew by. Next week I will be in paraguay for a month and on the mission for two!!!!! so crazy.

First i would like to say how much i truly love my family. The starting of last week was tough. I started reading all of the letters and advice my family has given me. (I have yet to throw out one letter and i doubt that i will) they are truly wonderful. so loving so caring and always with me. i love them so much and am so grateful for them in my life.

So like times before my father has asked me some questions of here in paraguay so i will use those for my emial this week like i did a few weeks ago, but first story time.

The roads here in paraguay are one of three: Asphalt (bad spelling sorry), dirt, or stones. with only the big roads here in San Isidro being asphalt and most being stones we find ourselves walking on sidewalks most of the time not to ruin our shoes. We were walking on a sidewalk and for all of the holes in the sidewalks they just put a piece of wood or nothing on them. Me being myself was walking and didn't recognize one and my leg fell in and yes it was my right leg. really funny moment both me and Elder Piriz got a good laugh.

Temple:
Unfortunately i have only seen pictures of the temple. It is in the North Mission so we can only go twice a year but i think we are going this month which is awesome! I was reading an email from my mom and dad regarding the temple and truly it is the house of the Lord and a little piece of heaven here on earth. GO TO THE TEMPLE IT IS A HUGE BLESSING!!!!!

Teaching:
Teaching in the MTC and teaching here are two completely different things. I found myself going back to step one. So i went through all of the lessons again and looked over my note on how to teach. Every lesson now I am getting more and more time to teach. Most of the time when we teach it is outside of someones home. The houses are normally really hot so most of the time we are outside. Which shows how i got the awesome tan line shown in the picture!!!!

Elder Piriz:
Well my companion/trainer/dad is a great guy. There is alot of stuff that I am learning from him and I´m teaching him some things too which is good. He has been out for 17 months and is working hard. He is the district leader. Sadly he is for Guarani (soccer team here) as seen in a picture i am for Olympia. Anyone who is for Cerro is not a nice person. don't i just love sport rivalries!! He also LOVES mayo. we honestly eat it with everything. i didn't at first but now im eating more which is kinda gross cuz he eats alot. it reminds me of ev and how he makes his mayo sandwiches. classic. love him. me and him get along really well. he jokes around and teases me and i do the same to him. we have yet to get angry with each other and i find that in being because we both looking for the good and not the bad. not focusing on the dot but the whole picture.

District:
Our zone has three districts and in our district we have the zoneleaders us, another companionship of Elders and one of Sisters. how awesome are the sisters they got 60 lessons this last week!!!! wow. but we all get along very well and we had splits with the zone leaders last week which was awesome. i learned somethings that i want to improve on and how other missionaries work.

Schedule:
Wake up at 630 get ready are out by 1030. 30 for lang study. normally eat around 12 and we are in certain areas for a few hours then we move to another area cuz our area is huge! so we walk alot which is really good.

easter:
holidays aren't that big here sad but true.

i know this church is true. i know that the lord is always there for us and will always guide us. we just need to trust in him. i love this gospel.

sincerely

Elder Wilson





No comments:

Post a Comment